Thanks to everyone for coming out! We packed the house and hosted some really wonderful storytelling. Keep an eye to the site for more upcoming events and podcasts!
It hurts! You picked the wrong step, held the knife wrong or went out with the wrong person. That’s the way the stories told at this show may go.
- Theme: Injuries
- Song: “Ambulance,” by Blur
- Possibly inspiring stories of: Broken bones and broken hearts.
- Bryan Lewis is a local musician and comedian who has performed throughout Hampton Roads. His bands have included The Gloom! and Humanoids From the Deep.
- Ryan Quinn McIntire is a professor of theatre performance, theory, and practice with areas of specialization in movement, combat, and Asian & Oceanic theatre.
- Alina Sahakian, a former ballet dancer, studies biology at Old Dominion University and speaks Eastern Armenian and American Sign Language.
- Patrick C. Taylor is a screenwriter, a Naro Expanded Video clerk, an avid (read: obsessive) mix CD maker, a recovering political junkie, and an unofficial couch for cats.
- April Shannon Threet was a member of The Pushers and is now the founder of On the Fly, a Hampton Roads improv group.
- Brendan Kennedy, is a comedian, storyteller and co-host of “What’s a Podcast with Brendan Kennedy and CB Wilkins.”
If all goes as planned, and with the permission of the storytellers, each story will be recorded and posted individually episodes for the Tell Me More… Live podcast.
Time: 7 p.m.
Date: Sunday, Feb. 21, 2016
Location: Push Comedy Theater, 763 Granby Street, Norfolk
The Theme Song of the Night
“Ambulance,” by Blur